Job Title: Store Manager
Position Title: Level III Store Employee
Reports to: General Manager, Vice President and President
Weekly Hrs: 30-40 Part-Time Seasonal Worker
Minot, North Dakota
This position is a store manager. You will be in charge of all store employees.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Maintain an environment that promotes a positive work experience for everyone.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing relationships with potential and actual customers.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains inventory by checking merchandise to determine inventory levels; anticipating customer demand.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Help maintain a list of supplies needed in the workplace.
- Make sure the building is secure upon leaving.
- Attracts customers by originating display ideas; following display suggestions or schedules; constructing or assembling prefabricated display properties; producing merchandise displays in windows and showcases, and on sales floor.
- Preform all duties as requested.
This position reports to the General Manager, Vice President and President of the company. There will be minimal supervision for this position.
This position supervises all store employees during their shift.
For day-to-day operations this position is in charge of all decision-making on who is doing what task and if that task is being fulfilled correctly. If you run out of tasks to be completed before the end of the scheduled shift you may send home employees. If there is decision to be made that you are not qualified to make or feel uncomfortable making contact your supervisor. You have no authority to hire or fire employees at anytime without pre-approval from your supervisor. If there is a problem regarding this contact your supervisor and the appropriate steps will be taken.
Qualifications & Skills:
Customer Focus, Tracking Budget Expenses, Pricing, Vendor Relationships, Market Knowledge, Staffing, Results Driven, Strategic Planning, Management Proficiency, Client Relationships, Ability to Lift 25 lbs., Basic Computer Skills and Verbal Communication.
Minimum High school Graduate
Preferred 2-4 years of retail experience
To apply fill out the application found below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org